We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) and we are required to provide a price information to our clients with the preparation and submission of immigration applications, excluding asylum applications.
Immigration: Hourly rate
Our charges are based on the time spent dealing with a case. Our hourly charge rates are £250 plus VAT per hour.
The following types of applications are covered by the rules:
- Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981
- Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
- Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
- student and work experience visas
- visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends / family)
- spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System;
- dependent relative and family reunion applications
- ancestry visas
- other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
We are not required to publish prices for the following types of applications therefore you should contact the firm directly for a quote:
- Asylum applications
- Statelessness applications
- Human rights / private life applications
- Applications for Secretary of State immigration bail
- Reconsideration and legacy requests
- Judicial review, such as claims for unlawful detention
- Immigration services to businesses (e.g. applications for certificates of sponsorship or confirmation of acceptance for studies).
Example template (hourly rate): Application for leave to remain
Hourly rate: £300 including VAT
On average, this type of work takes between 4 – 5 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £1200 and £1500. All figures include VAT unless specifically stated.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
What services are included
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes X hours*;
- considering the supporting evidence, you have provided, which we anticipate will take X to X hours*;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take X hours*;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between X and X hours of work*;
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the number of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters fees at £25-45 per hour. This kind of application will normally require between X-X hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case*;
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary*;
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process; and
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
Note: Kindly refer to the Home Office website for fee and their current processing time for applications.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within a reasonable time of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.